Monday, September 15, 2008

First Post: Who am I?

Hi everyone, welcome to my Production Blog!

My full name is Jose G. Landron-Baralt (my friends call me "Joz" for short), and I'm from San Juan, Puerto Rico, a speck in the Caribbean. I am an Animation Grad student at SCAD. Usually, this is followed by the "Are you 3-D or 2-D?" question, which although I think I'm heading towards 3-D, I still enjoy 2-D a lot, even though I'm not that proud of my drawing skills.

I have a bachelor's degree in Marketing with a minor in Advertising/Public Relations, not that artsy, but still having to do with creativity.

My hobbies include: animating, drawing, inventing things, listening to music, going to the movies, writing/composing, playing music (mostly guitar and bass), board games, video games, traveling... Oh, and I have a serious addiction to LEGO bricks. :-| (By the way, if you don't want them anymore, I'll be more than happy to adopt them! :-D)

I'm a dog person, but I like cats too. I also like Apple computers, chocolate, and Batman related stuff.

I enjoy listening to rock, ska, alternative, blues, reggae, jazz and tango, among others...
My favorite musicians/bands are: Andres Calamaro, Vicentico, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Los Rodriguez, Flavio Mandinga Project, Kevin Johansen, Juan Luis Guerra, Ariel Rot, Bahiano, Los Pericos, Cafe Tacuba, Jarabe de Palo, Black Guayaba, Javier Calamaro, Jorge Drexler, Fito Paez, Bersuit Vergarabat, Kapanga, Los Autenticos Decadentes, Enanitos Verdes, The Killers, JET, Reel Big Fish, Green Day, Muse, Bob Marley and many more...

My favorite tv shows are: Animaniacs, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Looney Tunes, Pinky and the Brain, Batman: The Animated Series, Teen Titans, 2 Stupid Dogs, Fairly Odd Parents, Pink Panther, Spongebob Squarepants, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Whose Line Is It Anyway, Robot Chicken and Venture Bros.

My favorite movies: The new Batman films, animated features (Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, Blue Sky, etc...), and the old Star Wars movies.

Artists I admire: Quino (father of probably the best Spanish comic strip ever made, "Mafalda"), Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, Tim Burton, Craig McCracken, Steven Spielberg, John Lasseter, Brad Bird, and Salvador Dali.

I have a weird stomach that's comfortable with junk food, but terrified of fancy-gourmet food.

I'm also taking Advanced Digital Modeling and Media Theory during this Fall quarter.

I'm currently working on my website (www.jozterra.com), where I shall put many of the stuff I do, but meanwhile you might want to take a look at www.youtube.com/jozterra to see some of it.

I don't know what else to write, so feel free to ask about anything I omitted.

Thanks for reading and see you around!

-Jose

No comments: