Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tutorial 3: Rotoscoping.

Hi again!

Unfortunately, rotoscoping and other classes' work have gotten in the way of the Character Design Follow Up post, but still, here's something fun: Rotoscoping animations.

The first one was based on Mr. Muybridge's images (3000 b.C. (kiddin'!)). Down here, you can see Plátano Man (Plantain Man) on his usual stroll to work. I made a total amount of 12 frames, then copy and pasted them to match the steps and get him across the screen. From Muybridge, I got 10 steps, but since some images were missing, I inbetweened 2 frames. It moved so fast on ones, so I shot it on twos (2 frames of the same picture). Still, I feel it slips a little in some parts... but hey! The reference almost emulated Michael Jackson's MoonWalk, so don't expect Christmas! Besides, he's Plantain Man... Have you ever tried walking with plantain feet?




The next one is supposed to be me, using a reference video of myself walking around. This one was a tough one... 160 frames... The reasons it is so wobbly: 1. It's shot on ones. 2. I drew it using my Wacom tablet, instead of the Cintiq 21UX. Yes, I could have shot it on twos to make it less wobbly... yet I enjoy watching how energetic I look this way, so I kept it. :-D



Alright, bye!

-Jose