Monday, September 15, 2008

My favorite animation.

When it comes to deciding which is my favorite animation, several cartoons cross my mind... Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, Foster's... but having to summarize, I'd have to go with Tex Avery's "Symphony in Slang" (1951).



I chose this one, not only because I like it, but because I remember watching this one since I was little, and striking me (then and now) due to all the literal imagery. I love Tex Avery's style of exaggeration, deconstruction and literal humor. I enjoy literal humor way too much, probably because of the irony of how words, the stepping stones of communication, can provide so much misunderstandings resulting in funny and preposterous situations when taken as they were originally meant to be.

Anyway, I'm off to model an ear, or maybe eat a burger...

See you around,

Jose

No comments: