Monday, October 20, 2008

Production Update

Hi.

I spent 2 days cutting and arranging audio clips out of 20 minutes I had to get the best ones for the animation. I also recorded the new line that was missing from one of the voice actors in order to make the animation shorter. We also had a little jam, to test out the song I was composing for the piece. Nothing too fancy, but should do for the length of Drama Bowl. No music was recorded though, since I'm waiting to have everything timed to make it fit more appropriately.

For the rest, I've been working on the mouth positions for both Dilly and Roy in 3 positions: front, side and 3/4-view. And I recreated the set in Maya...


Is the fish's owner a vampire? Who knows!

During the previous quarter, I was integrating Flash into Maya, a somewhat complicated procedure but with beautiful results, since you can get your flat 2-D characters to cast shadows into a 3-D environment. Behold! 2.5-D Animation! :)



I'm adding this clip, so you get an idea of the results... There's a problem with the shadows in it, but it's the only clip I'm carrying with me at the moment.

For "Drama Bowl", I think I'll just import the 3-D environments into Flash, then probably either do some rotoscoping with it, or leave them like that to contrast with the action. The Flash into Maya would be nice for it, but knowing we're just 10 classes away, not a chance of getting it done that way.

Today, I'm working on some mouth positions I'm missing.

See you,

-Jose

No comments: